rc.d/rc.subr support for multiple FIBs

Steve Polyack korvus at comcast.net
Fri Mar 12 18:59:40 UTC 2010

With multiple FIB support generally available in FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE it
would be quite beneficial to have the ability to build routing tables in
secondary FIBs as well as start certain applications in certain FIBs
from within rc.conf(5).

I've done some poking around and came across two PRs which implement
exactly what I'm looking for:

My question is whether there are any plans to commit these into -CURRENT
and possibly MFC them to a future 8.x-RELEASE.  Having multiple FIBs
available has been great so far, it goes hand and hand with Multi-IP
Jails.  The only thing missing are native methods for constructing the
routing tables on boot (Yes, there is rc.local, but I don't want to go
there...).

Thanks,
Steve Polyack