Need help with shutdowning a java process

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 5 17:56:09 UTC 2010

To start with, you should really read the article at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/rc-scripts.html,
I think it would help you get a picture of how some of this should
look. Some more comments below.

Yevgen Krapiva wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have the following rc script:
>
> ..
> name="openjsip_location_service"
> ..
> # Execution command
> runcmd="java -cp $CLASSPATH -Djava.security.policy=conf/policy.all
> -Djava.rmi.server.codebase=\"file://$OPENJSIP_REMOTE_LIB
> file://$JAIN_SIP_API_LIB\" openjsip.locationservice.LocationService
> conf/location-service.properties"
>
> pidfile="/var/run/${name}.pid"
> command="/usr/sbin/daemon"

> flags="-p ${pidfile} $runcmd"

Rather than having 2 different variables, you should combine your
"flags" and "runcmd" variables into command_args, which is the usual
way to accomplish what you seem to be trying to accomplish.

> # When I run java from /usr/local/bin I run javavm indeed (convenient
> wrapper for switching Java VMs).
> # So I need to get the correct processname from output of 'ps' command
>
> # Subvert the check_pidfile procname check.

Yeah, let's not subvert stuff. :)  I'm not really familiar with java,
but what I think you need to do is to set
"command_interpreter=/usr/local/diablo-jdk1.6.0/bin/java" which should
give rc.subr the information it needs to find your process. If that
doesn't work, do 'ps -auxww | grep openjsip' and show us the results.

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso