Trivial PR, fix shutdown of rc services started with onestart (fwd)

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Thu Apr 15 08:58:17 UTC 2010

I'm replying to
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?4BC6CE12.7020305
which was not CCed to me. I'm not on freebsd-rc, so I'd prefer to be.

From: Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk>
> On 14/04/2010 22:06:20, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
>> I'm running with variations of this for more than a year and not once
>> have I been able to detect unwanted side effects.
>> However, I can assure you it has spared me a lot of problems.
>
> There were some rc scrips in /etc/rc.d that always did the 'start'
> action no matter what argument they were called with.  I think all of
> those have been fixed to recognize a 'stop' argument now, but whether
> this also applies to a 'onestop' I can't tell.  /etc/rc.d/tmp is an
> example -- notice that the script action isn't encapsulated as a
> tmp_start function.

The "one" is dealt with by rc.subr, it's not only not necessary to deal
with this in the rc-scripts, I think they're not even supposed to
know how they were called.

Of course they can still find out if they read $1 instead of relying
on the rc-magic. I can imagine no legitimate use case for this,
though.