Fw : Re : Profile rc idea

Yves Guérin yvesguerin at yahoo.ca
Fri May 29 13:46:25 UTC 2009

Hello,

I forgot to cc to the list, sorry.

Yves Guerin

--- En date de : Ven 29.5.09, Yves Guérin <yvesguerin at yahoo.ca> a écrit :

De: Yves Guérin <yvesguerin at yahoo.ca>
Objet: Re : Profile rc idea
À: "Nathan Lay" <nslay at comcast.net>
Date: Vendredi 29 Mai 2009, 7h14

Dear Sir,

I did something similar to your idea, I custom the boot menu (beastie.4th) to choose between home, office, dhcp and default configuration for my network interface on my laptop.
I grab the answer or the choice via the kenv system call, and on my rc directory I start my own script just before netif to configure my network depending on the answer I choose at boot time. So I think the idea can be modify for every used that you can dream of.

I am able to send you my configuration, the boot menu and the rc file.

Regards,

Yves Guerin