svn commit: r200743 - in head/usr.sbin: . service

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 21 20:34:22 UTC 2009

Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:

> dougb> I agree to making the change you suggested, but I would like to
> dougb> quibble over the format. Isn't the attached patch equivalent, and
> dougb> simpler? What is the value of setting HOME and PATH in the environment
> dougb> if we're just going to use 'env -i HOME PATH' anyway?
>
> Yup, your attached patch is equivalent.  However, I prefer the
> previous one.  In anyway, I don't have a strong opinion around here.

Thanks for confirming. My preference generally is for things to be
simple and clear which makes them less confusing down the road.

I've committed the patch I posted. Thanks again to everyone who
offered their feedback. I'll wait a little longer before MFC'ing this,
but I do want to get it in ASAP.

Doug