[RFC] script for binding ARP <-> IP pairs

Xin LI delphij at delphij.net
Mon Aug 10 05:05:22 UTC 2009

Hi, Doug,

Doug Barton wrote:
> Xin LI wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your comments, I have put together the revised patch, along
>> with rc.conf.5 and defaults/rc.conf changes.
>
> Glad to help. This looks fine except that you need an entry for
> static_arp_enable in defaults rc.conf and rc.conf.5.

This script does not require the enable knob.  If the static_arp_pairs
is not empty then the script would add the entries, otherwise it will
not do that.  Do you think we need an "enable" knob for it?  I can add
it but I don't feel strongly for the idea, since it would make a
redundant entry to represent the same semantic.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!