Service-specific default locales

Chris fbsdmail at dnswatch.com
Mon Mar 5 22:44:08 UTC 2007

Quoting Florent Thoumie <flz at freebsd.org>:

> Florent Thoumie wrote:

>>> Makes sense to me. Have a look at *_nice variable for example.
>>
>> Thinking about it, maybe something like <name>_env would be better
>> (cause more generic). Of course you wouldn't be able to do error
>> checking but I'm not sure it's so useful anyway.
>
> Any update on that, do you need help or something?

Greetings,
  While I cannot speak for the original poster, I have a related problem;
When I run a web based MAN query, MAN vomits the following to my web log:

ctype locale: Invalid argument

I've spent hours searching the mail archives, read the MAN pages, and
searched Google/ Yahoo!. Yet no joy. I found a short bit in the mail
archives. But the suggestions didn't seem to help. I don't recieve
this error at the console while typing MAN <question>, but that does
not mean that MAN is not unhappy.

Any and all suggestions /greatly/ appreciated.

Thank you for all your time and consideration.

--Chris