conf/104884: Add support EtherChannel configuration to rc.conf

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 8 22:00:43 UTC 2007

The following reply was made to PR conf/104884; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org>
To: Brooks Davis <brooks at FreeBSD.org>
Cc: Florent Thoumie <flz at FreeBSD.org>,
 Norikatsu Shigemura <nork at FreeBSD.org>,
  freebsd-bugs at FreeBSD.org,  FreeBSD-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org,
 freebsd-rc at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: conf/104884: Add support EtherChannel configuration to rc.conf
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:55:16 -0800

 Brooks Davis wrote:

 > The default should be an empty list which results in nothing happening.
 > I'd suggest making empty list the value for the default gif_interfaces
 > in /etc/defaults/rc.conf in both branches, removing support for NO in
 > CURRENT and emitting a warning in stable.

 How about issuing a warning for NO in both branches? Whether I agree
 with you or not on the importance of keeping things clean and
 consistent, I definitely do not want to err on the side of pedantry
 over usability.

 Doug