rc.d/ike broken. retire it?

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 28 18:42:42 UTC 2006

[Cc: trimmed]

On 2006.03.26 11:46:09 -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
>
> > So, I finally got around to adding an rc.d script to the isakmpd port.
>
> Thanks! If I can make one small suggestion, you might want to review the
> section on rc.d scripts in the Porter's Handbook for a couple small points,
> but other than that it looks good!

Oh, I wasn't aware we had gotten such a section :-).  I fixed the
obvious things I noticed from the sample script.

> > Both racoon2 and ipsec-tools also installs rc.d scipts now, so are
> > there any objections to removing the src/etc/rc.d/ike script from
> > HEAD?
>
> No objections here, please sharpen that axe! It's probably worth also
> MFC'ing the change after the 6.1-RELEASE, IMO.

OK it's gone :-).

WRT. MFC, I guess anyone who actually uses the ike script (for
whatever reason) can just tell mergemaster not to delete it, so POLA
shouldn't be a problem?

--
Simon L. Nielsen