Problem with new localpkg startup in jails on 6.1

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 23 11:27:11 PST 2006

Hey,

I ran into a problem on a 6.1-BETA1 system running apache22 inside a
jail.  The symptom is that when starting the jail (via the jail rc.d
script) apache doesn't start even though apache22_enable="YES" is set
in the jail rc.conf.  It starts fine if run the apache22 rc.d script
manually inside the jail.

The problem seems to be that in a jail there is no "mountcritlocal"
rc.d script (since it's marked nojail) so that messes up the new start
with the "early_late_divider".  When I set early_late_divider="var" in
the jail rc.conf file everything works as expected.

I'm not really sure what the right fix is, though the hack is obviously:

if [ `/sbin/sysctl -n security.jail.jailed` -eq 1 ] then
	early_late_divider="var"
fi

Or something like that.  I hope somebody else have a better solution
:-).

--
Simon L. Nielsen