6.1-prerelease, /etc/rc.d/localpkg, rc.subr and samba3 [FIXED]

Mars G. Miro marsgmiro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:16:29 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:
> I have to confess, I only vaguely understand what you're talking about, so
> sorry if I've got it wrong again. It sounds like the problem you're actually
> asking about is, "Since I upgraded to 6-stable, things aren't starting in my
> jails at boot time." If that's what you're actually trying to fix, the
> solution should be to set the value of early_late_divider in rc.conf _in the
> jail_ to NETWORKING.

whoa! That did the trick ;-)

Tho that is documented in rc.conf(5), it might be worth documenting it
in jail(8) also. I never had to do that before but seems a requirement
in 6.1X. Any case, this fixes things for me.

> If that isn't the problem you're trying to solve, or if that doesn't work
> for you, please try to restate the problem at a more fundamental level. The
> localpkg script is no longer relevant.

Yes the localpkg script isn't relevant but my initial investigations
pointed me to this script (take note using the localpkg script from
6.0 worked), tho I dont have anything to investigate further (as the
above fix works) and have other things to do.

> hth,
>
> Doug

Thanks man, you rock! ;-)

> --
>
>     This .signature sanitized for your protection

cheers
mars