cvs commit: src/etc/rc.d localpkg

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 12 15:21:43 PST 2006

Matteo Riondato wrote:
> matteo      2006-02-12 10:04:56 UTC
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     etc/rc.d             localpkg
>   Log:
>   Make localpkg print local scripts names when the boot is verbose
>
>   PR:             conf/68525  http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=68525
>   Approved by:    philip (mentor)
>   MFC after:      3 days
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.8       +3 -0      src/etc/rc.d/localpkg
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/localpkg.diff?&r1=1.7&r2=1.8&f=h

Please hold off on the MFC of this patch till we have a chance to discuss it
more. I'm not opposed to the concept of printing out script names as they
are executed, but that should be done using one of the existing rc.subr
mechanisms (probably debug, as that's how it's done in rc.subr for new style
scripts).

I'm not asking you to back this out, but I would appreciate it if you'd
reply to the -rc list so that we can discuss it further before we move forward.

Thanks,

Doug