RFC: rc.subr changes

Florent Thoumie flz at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 21 13:59:35 UTC 2006

I'd like to commit the following patches, but I'm welcoming any input I
can get before doing so :

http://people.freebsd.org/~flz/local/rc.subr-defaults.diff

The point is to be able in the (near) future to add some features to
bsd.port.mk like a ENABLE_RC_SCRIPT variable to automatically set
*_enable variable in ${PREFIX}/etc/defaults/$name. Maintainers would be
able to install default configuration flags in this file via a
USE_RC_DEFAULTS variable (pretty much like what /etc/defaults/rc.conf
does, but for ports/packages). This file would be overwritten each time
the port/package is installed.

Local specific configuration can already be done in
${PREFIX}/etc/rc.conf.d/$name, so that's another step towards
${PREFIX}-clean ports.

Note: part of the patch is s/command/name/g, that's related to a
previous commit I did to rc.subr, I just forgot to update the man page
(no cookie).

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org