rc.d/SERVER patch for review (Reorder to make ldconfig start _before_ SERVER)

Xin LI delphij at delphij.net
Wed Apr 19 09:02:31 UTC 2006

Hi, Florent,

在 2006-04-19三的 09:13 +0200,Florent Thoumie写道:
[...]
> I'd rather like seeing ports rc.d scripts fixed to require either DAEMON
> or LOGIN, depending on if they should run as root or not.
>
> After my latest commit to rc.d/named, ldconfig is started right after
> mountcritremote (means ASAP), so this change doesn't really do anything.

I would prefer that SERVERS to do REQUIRE: ldconfig for the following
reasons:
 - SERVERS is the place (or divider) where we can ensure, say, critical
early services, can start properly.  We should implement the semantic.
 - Currently SERVERS already have a REQUIRE: line pointing to abi, which
is, in my opinion, of the same nature with ldconfig.
 - With "BEFORE: named" we can effectively make ldconfig to run after
our script.  While BEFORE is generally not encouraged, I think it's
confusing for programmer who writes rc.d scripts, and makes it hard to
debug.

Therefore I think making SERVERS to REQUIRE: ldconfig makes better
protection for early startup daemons.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>    http://www.delphij.net/