syslogd script bug?: syslogd_program= not honored

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Tue Apr 4 11:06:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 10:50 +0100, Florent Thoumie wrote:

> I could remove the startup script installed by sysutils/syslog-ng and
> tweak /etc/rc.d/syslogd to take required_files in account.

Actually, it would need more work than I first thought.  Maybe it's time
to introduce a new ${name}_conf variable and make it default for
required_files.

I'm not sure if this is worth the pain, since there might not be a lot
of programs concerned (present in base and alternatives in ports having
different name for its configuration file).

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org