ifconfig_foo0 syntax

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Fri Oct 28 09:40:30 PDT 2005

I've been having trouble with a bridge interface.  It seemed logical
to me to do

cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
ifconfig_bridge0="addm foo0 addm bar0 inet 10.0.0.1/24"

but ifconfig(8) does not accept "inet" after "addm".

(perhaps I should have put the inet bit at the front?)

In any case, I came up with a patch that allows me to do

ifconfig_bridge0="addm foo0; addm bar0; inet 10.0.0.1/24"

which translates into three different ifconfig invocations.

there's probably a better / cleaner way to do this...

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no