Apparently solved, Re: What's the gotcha with latest lang/php55?

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Tue May 26 10:18:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 11:32:46AM +0300, Reko Turja wrote:

> It's pretty often the recode extension that needs to be on top of the
> extensions list (php reinstall/rebuild rearranges the extensions to the
> install order.)
>
> I've seen this less once I decoupled php and apache and started running php
> in fcgi mode, but the problem still can rear it's ugly head. This might help
> for starters; below is my extensions.ini. I also keep a copy in
> /usr/local/etc/php and just copy it over once rebuild is done. Of course our
> used extensions differ a bit, but this might help as a starting point.

Thanks! I've made a copy of this just in case, but so far, Matthew
Seaman seems to be right and the magic order doesn't seem to be biting
me.

I do have to say, however, that it would have helped if `portmaster -r
php56-whatever` had actually rebuilt everything that needed to be
rebuilt. It only rebuilt php56 itself and mod_php56 (which I continue
to use because I haven't succeeded in getting some applications to run
with fastcgi).

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the