Can not make install freebsd-doc-en, zsh or xorg : configure error

Avinash Sonawane rootkea at gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:46:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Avinash Sonawane <rootkea at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have also mailed above details to bf at FreeBSD.org as instructed in
> all of those 3 configure error logs.

Got reply from the maintainer and according to the mail the maintainer
is going to make relevant changes in Makefile (may be like making
these 2 libraries mutually exclusive so that user shouldn't able to
select both of them ?)

> Looking at configure error message I tried  `# make config` in
> /usr/ports/misc/freebsd-doc-en to select any one of the libedit or
> readline but the it showed
<snip>

Approach was right. I had to do `make config` in /devel/pcre (the
offending port) instead of /misc/freebsd-doc-en and then deselct any
one of the libraries amongst libedit and readline.

#freebsd on freenode helped.

--
Avinash Sonawane (RootKea)
PICT, Pune