ZFS Encryption Availability

Steven Peguero steven at stevenpeguero.com
Sat Mar 28 23:54:20 UTC 2015

Hello,

In advance, I apologize for asking this particular question, as I'm
coming from the Linux world, but I wanted to know if encryption is
natively supported on FreeBSD for miscellaneous ZFS pools/datasets.

If such functionality does exist, how exactly would I go about initially
setting up encryption for a particular ZFS pool/dataset and manually
decrypting it at boot using a passphrase? It seems as though this
particular topic has not yet been mentioned in the official handbook,
unfortunately.

In advance, thank you for your response!

Steven