'pw usermod -G' not removing user from group?

Rick Miller vmiller at hostileadmin.com
Thu Mar 26 12:28:38 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Matthew Pherigo <hybrid120 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks, Rick! It's crazy that they didn't allow it in; seems like a pretty
> big issue. Hopefully they'll release a patch through FreeBSD-update
> soon. In the meantime, do you or anyone else know how to work around this?

I believe it's unlikely to hit releng/10.1, but I could be wrong.  The
reason I don't think it will be merged is because RE and/or security
officer probably don't believe it fits the criteria for merging into a
releng branch, which typically only receive security and errata updates.
That said, because it did get merged into stable/10, it will be included in
releng/10.2.

I merged the patch from stable/10 into our internal development branches so
that it would be available in our internal distributions.  It was caught in
time so that we did not have to go to great lengths to get it deployed.  It
was simply a matter of compiling the distribution.  For systems already
installed it is necessary to apply the patch to the sources and recompile
and reinstall base.

--
Take care
Rick Miller