Is QEMU working/reliable under ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Wed Jan 28 14:23:57 UTC 2015

On 01/28/15 04:01, Mike Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:17:49 -0600
> "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam at hiwaay.net> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone onlist successfully using qemu-devel 2.2.0 under
>> FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p5 w/ windoze VM's
> It's a long time since I tried qemu. I'm running Virtualbox
> (emulators/virtualbox-ose) instead and Windows XP runs fine with it. For
> best results you need to install virtualbox guest additions for Windows
> on the guest system.

I tried virtualbox some months ago & had serious problems (crashed the
system w/ file-system corruption). I suspect pilot error, so I posted
about that & was referred to a virtualbox list @ Oracle (or whoever
maintains v-box). I tried to subscribe & it never replied. I was using
V4.3.10-ish at that time, it's up to 4.3.20 now. I gave up back then due
to the crashes. I am AOK w/ virtualbox if it (now) works. What version
of it (v-box) & FreeBSD are you using ? TIA & thx for the reply :-) ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III