opensmtpd: procmail: not found [FALSE ALERT - STILL UNRESOLVED]

Herbert J. Skuhra herbert at oslo.ath.cx
Wed Jan 28 08:42:17 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 10:56:50PM +0000, opendaddy at hushmail.com wrote:
> On 27. januar 2015 at 3:58 PM, "Herbert J. Skuhra" <herbert at oslo.ath.cx> wrote:
> >
> > Please show output of 'smtpd -dv'
>
> It's quite big so I put it here instead:
>
> https://gist.github.com/anonymous/bf9b0a7e935d6e961c05
>
> > and (user's) procmailrc.
>
> I don't have one actually. I'm using this approach:
>
> https://calomel.org/opensmtpd.html

This is still your config, right?

----
listen on 127.0.0.1 port 25

table aliases db:/etc/mail/aliases.db

accept for local deliver to mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"
accept from any for domain "mydomain.com" deliver to mda "/usr/local/bin/procmail -f -"

accept from local for any relay
----

I've missed the "table aliases..." line.

Remove the 'table aliases...' line, put your aliases in /usr/local/etc/mail/aliases and run newaliases.
Or add 'alias <aliases>' to your accept line.

2. There are only test mails in your queue, right? Please remove them and
try sending new e-mails while running 'smtpd -dv'.

3. If you still get the error "procmail: not found" add a new user and
send him a test e-mail.

--
Herbert