opensmtpd: procmail: not found

opendaddy at hushmail.com opendaddy at hushmail.com
Mon Jan 26 23:54:12 UTC 2015

Hello,

On 26. januar 2015 at 8:18 PM, "Herbert J. Skuhra" <herbert at oslo.ath.cx> wrote:

>To understand why you get this error run:
>
>% whereis procmail | xargs -t ls -l

Indeed, similar to the command parv gave me earlier:

# whereis procmail | xargs -t -n1 ls -l
ls -l procmail:
ls: procmail:: No such file or directory
ls -l /usr/local/bin/procmail
-rwsr-sr-x  1 root  mail  98224 Oct  3 04:19 /usr/local/bin/procmail
ls -l /usr/local/man/man1/procmail.1.gz
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  10793 Oct  3 04:19 /usr/local/man/man1/procmail.1 .gz

>Do you have a .forward file in $HOME with the content "|procmail"?

No, I do not. I just copied my smtpd.conf from OpenBSD where it was all working fine.

I have no idea what's going on here. Why is procmail acting up?

Thanks.

O.D.