425 security bad ip connecting

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Mon Jan 26 16:58:51 UTC 2015

On 01/26/15 10:52, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 01/26/15 16:37, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
>> I get the above or '425 Failed to establish connection' recently (today)
>> when trying to connect to ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu to look for *BSD
>> ISO's ....
> Looks like some sort of network connectivity problem, probably
> temporarily causing packet loss.  What a few hours and try again: with
> luch either you'll get a different route through the Tor network
> avoiding the problems, or the underlying cause will have been fixed.
>
>> This has worked OK in the past (late last year) .... I am
>> using FireFox & tor to try to connect, as I have done for years now
>> (actually years w/ firefox, months w/ tor in the mix) ....
>> firefox-33.0,1, FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p5, tor-0.2.4.24. I did a pkg
>> upgrade in late Dec.2014, but have used ftp connections through FF since
>> then .... Any clues appreciated, any more info gladly provided ....
> Why not ftp://ftp.freebsd.org -- which will give you an FTP server close
> to your exit point from tor ?

Good point, I'll look there ....

> Plus I believe the deal now is that you should be using the 'Tor
> browser' -- which is a copy of an older version of Firefox, with patches
> and other anonymity stuff already built in, rather than the old method
> of applying patches to a regular FF install.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

The Tor-browser isn't ported to 9.3R as of late Dec.2014 .... I probably
wouldn't mind using it, but don't particularly want to have to wrestle
it on-board (i.e. compile it up from scratch, fix issues, etc.), getting
lazy in my old age :-/ ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III