i915 at boot

Dutch Ingraham stoa at gmx.us
Wed Jan 21 03:11:30 UTC 2015

On 01/20/15 21:42, David Benfell wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 08:49:50PM -0500, Dutch Ingraham wrote:

>>> Looking into this further; dmesg tells me I'm missing dependencies. It
>>> doesn't tell me what those dependencies are. And Google is not
>>> enlightening me as to how to determine what those dependencies are.
>>>
>>> I tried adding i915. No joy:
>>>
>>> VT: running with driver "vga".
>>> KLD file i915.ko is missing dependencies
>>> KLD file i915kms.ko is missing dependencies
>>>
>> What do the commands:
>>
>> <pkg check -Bva> and <pkg check -dva> return?
>
> I'm not seeing the connection, but this quite lengthy output is posted
> at: https://parts-unknown.org/stikked/view/f30670e0
>
> Thanks!

The /boot/loader.conf I'm using is:

kern.vty=vt
i915kms_load="YES"
kern.vt.fb.default_mode="1440x900"

You seem to be missing that first line.

Also, looking at the output of those two commands above (aside from a
lot of missing shared libs and at least one missing package dependency
which are likely irrelevant), you have the nvidia driver installed.
Maybe someone with significant freebsd graphics stack experience can
opine on whether there is some type of kernel module conflict causing
your problem.