A way to load PF rules at startup using OpenVPN

Panagiotis Atmatzidis atma at convalesco.org
Tue Jan 20 13:39:23 UTC 2015

Hello,

> On 20 Jan 2015, at 15:06, Maciej Suszko <maciej at suszko.eu> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:18:28 +0200
> Panagiotis Atmatzidis <atma at convalesco.org> wrote:
>
> […]
>
> Post your pf.conf, pfctl -nvf /etc/pf.conf with tun0 present and
> absent, look at dmesg -a, messages etc.

Using ‘pfctl -nvf /etc/pf.conf’ without tun0 comes up with the following error:

No IP address found for tun0
/etc/pf.conf:86: could not parse host specification

Line is 86 is: https://gist.github.com/atmosx/2dcff31a0d8868d4b1c7#file-pf-conf-L83 <https://gist.github.com/atmosx/2dcff31a0d8868d4b1c7#file-pf-conf-L86>

But how do I bypass this using pf.conf alone? The .conf needs to become ‘dynamic’ somehow.

> Just my 2 cents...
> --
> regards, Maciej Suszko.

Panagiotis (atmosx) Atmatzidis

email:	atma at convalesco.org
URL:	http://www.convalesco.org
GnuPG ID: 0x1A7BFEC5
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 1A7BFEC5

"As you set out for Ithaca, hope the voyage is a long one, full of adventure, full of discovery [...]" - C. P. Cavafy