Mergemaster with Freebsd-Update

Daniel Corbe corbe at corbe.net
Mon Jan 19 21:00:51 UTC 2015

Chris Maness <chris at chrismaness.com> writes:

> On Jan 19, 2015 12:07 PM, "Daniel Corbe" <corbe at corbe.net> wrote:
>>

>> Chris Maness <chris at chrismaness.com> writes:
>> >
>> > Also, is the a tool like portsnap for my source tree?  I used svn the last
>> > time and downloaded the whole version 10.0 tree.  I think I should be able
>> > to apply deltas only for the minor upgrade to 10.1, but google has not been
>> > my friend here.  I know that svn has that capability like cvsup did, but I
>> > have not been able to figure it out.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Chris
>>
>> Once you've fetched the entire tree for the first time, all you need to
>> do is continually run svn fetch in /usr/src to grab any updates or
>> additions.
>>

> I had figured that out, but how do you increment up a minor version?

That depends on what you mean by minor version.

If (for example) you want to go from 10.1 to 10.1 p3, then a simple svn
fetch will do the trick.

If you're trying to go from 10.0 to 10.1 then you need to point your
repo to the right place.  IE:

svn switch --relocate http://svn0.us-east.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.1
&& svn fetch

I'd specifically avoid going from release to release until my systems
were no longer supported and I could no longer get security updates for
them.  Don't fix what isn't broken and all that.

-Daniel