?????Pls remove me I have been hacked!!!

Valeri Galtsev galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 10 02:08:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, January 9, 2015 7:08 pm, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Valeri Galtsev <galtsev at kicp.uchicago.edu>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, January 8, 2015 7:21 pm, Erich Dollansky wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > this is an old thing. It comes and goes.

>> > It is not that easy. The sender addresses change very often.
>> >

>> That is what I assumed from the very beginning. With these things on my
>> servers I usually do this: I find out which domain sender's MX serves.
>> Then I send complaint to
>>
>> abuse at that.domain.com
>>
>> No one usually gets back to me (at least from that geoip location no one
>> ever did). Then I send similar complaint appended with note that abise@
>> never came back to me to postmaster at that.domain.com. After that I set my
>> MX to reject mail with message that that domain didn't respond abuse
>> complaint. [Did I miss something decent sysadmin should do in the case?]
>>

> Email is intrinsically open and spoof-able.

Sorry, I was not clear enough. I complain to domain of the box that passed
the message to my server. And this record is made by my server, hence can
not be spoofed. The same is true about domain delivered the message in
question to mail list server whose portion in the header I can trust. You
should give people some credit, not everyone is a moron...

valeri

Spending time on it further
> than marking it spam is almost universally a waste of time.  Get a better
> spam filter is the answer.  In other words:
>
> https://craphound.com/spamsolutions.txt
>
> --
> Adam

Valeri Galtsev