Skipping or pre-setting the options in a package installation? (bsdstats)

Matthew Pherigo hybrid120 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 19:45:10 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I use Ansible to administrate FreeBSD machines, and every time I install a pkg(8) that prompts for options (like bsdstats, which asks some simple yes/no questions), the install stops and waits for input that will never arrive. Though I'm sure that something can be improved about how Ansible handles this situation, I'm wondering how this can be automated or skipped in the first place. Perhaps there's an environment variable like $ALWAYS_ASSUME_YES that chooses the defaults that come with the package automatically?

Thanks,
--Matt