Install to a Partition problems.

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Apr 25 21:11:14 UTC 2015

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 15:02:42 -0600, reg at dwf.com wrote:
> How do I get FreeBSD to install to the 2nd partition of a
> MBR partitioned disk.  The first partition has PCBSD on
> it if this is a complication.
>
> I see nowhere where I can choose a partition (ok slice), and
> the Installer always shows me that it it going to overwrite
> my partiation/slice 1.

Without having tested (as I usually do not use bsdinstall,
as I prefer the shell):

Allocate disk space manually. Your question implies that
you're using MBR style partitioning. While ada0s1 (with
the different file systems) has PC-BSD on it, you need
to create partitions on ada0s2, and set the mound points
for the installation process accordingly.

See chapter 2.6.3. in the handbook:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/bsdinstall-partitioning.html

--
Polytropon