High LA caused by php-fpm

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Tue Apr 21 06:35:03 UTC 2015

Quoting Dimitri Minaev <minaev at gmail.com>:

> Thanks, Matt. I'm not sure whether the problem was in OpenSSL, but it was
> definitely in PHP. I installed 5.4 and the LA immediately dropped to
> reasonable figures. PHP packaged in php5 even includes php-fpm and I didn't
> have to compile it myself. So, I think I must have done something wrong
> when compiling it.
> Still trying to pinpoint the real problem...

There was/is definitely a problem in OpenSSL compiled with ASM that
manifested in PHP and, to my knowledge, nowhere else. As I posted
earlier, my symptoms were different, but the cure was the same.

It would be prudent to try building openssl without ASM and see if
that solves the problem. Certainly it would take less time than the
current age of this thread.
--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>