line drawing and display and xterms

Thomas Dickey dickey at his.com
Tue Apr 14 11:21:17 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

The usual pitfalls here:

a) xterm honors VT100 line-drawing in UTF-8 mode
b) some other terminals do not
c) screen(1) does not
d) screen(1) honors VT100 line-drawing when not in UTF-8 mode

So the first thing to investigate is whether screen(1) run from the
two scenarios has consistent locale settings.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
http://invisible-island.net