Limit building with "debug" symbols

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Apr 12 12:58:20 UTC 2015

I am having a problem with a constant crash:

Executable: knotify4 PID: 71266 Signal: Segmentation fault (11) Time: 2015-04-12 08:48:17

The files do not contain enough debug symbols to be useful. According to the
pop-up message, I need to build the following with debug symbols:

The packages containing debug information for the following application and
libraries are missing:

/usr/local/bin/knotify4
/usr/local/lib/qt4/libQtGui.so.4
/usr/local/lib/qt4/libQtDBus.so.4
/usr/local/lib/kde4/plugins/phonon_backend/phonon_vlc.so
/usr/local/lib/libQt5Core.so.5
/usr/local/lib/libvlc.so.5
/usr/local/lib/libphonon.so.4
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libQt5Gui.so.5
/usr/local/lib/libkdeui.so.5
/usr/local/lib/qt4/libQtCore.so.4
/usr/local/lib/libvlccore.so.8

How can I build those and only those applications with debug symbols? Would
adding: "DEBUG=g" sans the quotations marks to the "/etc/make.conf" file be
sufficient?

--
Jerry