NTPD in jail

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Tue Apr 7 14:44:52 UTC 2015

On 04/07/2015 9:28 am, Robert Schulze wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> In the short term to make sure clients don't lose their time sync does
>> anyone have a work around that will allow NTPD to run on the jail?
>>

> just run it on the host and you'll be fine.
> No need to run another instance in a jail.

Yes I understand that NTPD on the  host keeps the server time in sync,
including the jail's time its the clients that sync against the jail's
IP address that I am trying to take care of.

If I take out the IP address restriction on the host's NTPD service and
restart it after the jail, yes its now listening on the Jails IP address
as well. But that leaves a bunch of questions about when
server/service/jails are restarted, what needs to be restarted when to
make sure those ports are bound to on the jail's IP as well as the
hosts.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer