[CFT] Call for testing pkg 1.5.0

Joshua Lokken joshua at joshualokken.com
Fri Apr 3 15:47:50 UTC 2015

On Mar/31 09:03PM, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We just released pkg 1.5.0 beta1 (in ports-mgmt/pkg-devel),
>
> Here is what happened since pkg 1.4.0:
>8 -- [snip] -- *<
> Please test and report as much bugs as you can!
> We could be very grateful if regressions tests could be provided along with the
> bug reports :)
> Bapt

jrlokken at satellite:~ % uname -a
FreeBSD satellite.workgroup.local 10.1-STABLE FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE
#1 r280923: Tue Mar 31 15:32:16 PDT 2015
root at satellite.workgroup.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SATELLITE  amd64

jrlokken at satellite:~ % pkg version -x kde
kcm-polkit-kde-0.0.20121008_3      =
kde-4.14.2                         <
kde-base-artwork-4.14.2            <
kde-baseapps-4.14.2_1              <
kde-runtime-4.14.2_3               <
kde-wallpapers-4.14.2              <
kde-workspace-4.11.13_2            <

jrlokken at satellite:~ % pkg version kde
Child process pid=9630 terminated abnormally: Segmentation fault

Seems to work for day-to-day operation, but if I attempt to pass a bad
argument to pkg version, it segfaults.

I know, I know...  "Then don't pass bad arguments to pkg version :)"

--
Joshua Lokken