squid-3.4.8_1 leaking memory

Dennis Glatting freebsd at pki2.com
Fri Sep 26 07:04:34 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-09-26 at 09:21 +0700, Victor Sudakov wrote:
> Dennis Glatting wrote:
> > The attached shar is what I am using while I was waiting for www/squid
> > to be updated. It lives outside the ports tree. Can't say if it will
> > solve your problem.
>
> I have tried it. It leaks too, albeit more slowly. Maybe a daily
> restart will do, instead of hourly.

Bummer. There are some dumb things done in the code (as most code, mine
the worst). They would be better off moving to c++11 (preferably c++14)
idioms in many places but that creates a dependency on an appropriate
compiler.

> Do you also observe the leaking?

I just started watching. Most of the traffic through my instance is
repetitive so I'm not expecting to see anything.