Cloning a user

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Sep 22 20:51:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:30:46 -0500, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:

> On 09/22/14 15:11, Polytropon wrote:
> > And allow me a polite note regarding the answering policy
> > (or "common suggestion") of this list:
> >
> > A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> > Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> > A: Top-posting.
> > Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
> >
> > I see you're using Thunderbird - it's perfectly able to
> > properly quote, trim, and answer.
> >
> > :-)
> >

> I quite agree about top posting, however I am unable to locate where to
> adjust that in my T-bird (thunderbird-31.1.0_1, FBSD 9.3) .... any
> pointers :-) .... TIA ....

Have e-mail clients significantly changed in the last years?
Even though I prefer a client much more simple than Thunderbird,
isn't it possible to:

(a) type after the quoted original,
(b) edit the quoted original (trim text),
(c) split the quoted original by some newlines, enter own text,
    and continue,
(d) change the view from "rich text" (or however this specific
    presentation is called) to "normal text" (where you can see
    the quotation indentation "> ")?

I only use TB very occassionally (whenever I cannot avoid it),
but I think this is still possible. By the way, Sylpheed (the
MUA I'm using) also starts with the cursor at the top of the
quoted original, but that doesn't stop me from adding my text
"manually" at the end. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany