Operation not supported by device

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Sep 20 18:34:03 UTC 2014

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:10:15 +0200, Luciano Mannucci wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 12:03:12 +0200
> Luciano Mannucci <luciano at vespaperitivo.it> wrote:
>
> > root at vodka:~ # mount -t ext2 /dev/ada1s3 /mnt
> > mount: /dev/ada1s3: Operation not supported by device
> Hmmm... I don't see mount_ext2 anywhere, is it normal?
> Nothing in the manuals, nothink /sbin nor in /usr/src...

Did it go away during the update you mentioned? Did
the update somehow remove ext2 support (in favour of
using "fuse" tools)?

Did you update your source tree? Check if the directory
/usr/src/sbin/mount_ext2fs exists and if you can run
a "make install" from there. The command should then
be "mount_ext2fs" (not mount_ext2), and similarly the
command "mount -t ext2fs /dev/ada1s3 /mnt".

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany