Broken my pkg set up...

Peter Harrison four.harrisons at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 19 16:24:44 UTC 2014

Dear list,

I seem to have broken my pkg beyond all repair (that I can find at least).

The problem seems to stem from having used postmaster to update chromium
(and a couple of other ports) when there was a bit of a delay in the
official repository being update.

pkg now refuses to update those ports.

I get:

"pkg: Cannot solve problem using SAT solver"

Consistently for those ports which were updated by hand.

I've gone so far as to delete all ports (pkg delete -a), verify that the
pkg database is empty (pkg info) run pkg check -Ba. But on reinstall I get
the exact same message on the exact same ports - including slim, xfce4, and
chromium.

What am I doing wrong?

This is on 10-RELEASE i386

Thanks