How to have jails checked for out of date applications.

Brandon Schneider brandon.schneider at icloud.com
Tue Sep 16 23:43:43 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, a FreeBSD newbie here. I have my server set up with 8
jails or so, and I have been trying to figure out how to get an email
when there are out of date applications installed in a jail. I currently
have jailaudit installed, but it seems like "pkg version -vIL\= would
serve the purpose on the host, but I'm not sure. I'm sure this is a
common question, but I cannot seem to find an answer on Google. The
jails are a mix of packages and ports if that makes much difference. I
also use portmaster for the ports.

Thanks!