linux-crashplan (relies on forbidden port: linux-f10-expat)

Jordan Boland jordantboland at live.com
Mon Sep 15 18:13:52 UTC 2014

Hi Everyone,
I'd like to implement Crashplan, and was pleased to find some notes online from others who have it running using the Linux ABI.  Crashplan requires a Linux JRE, which in turn requires linux-f10-expat, which has been forbidden (http://www.freshports.org/vuxml.php?vid=5f030587-e39a-11de-881e-001aa0166822).
Running `make -DNO_IGNORE` against linux-f10-expat fails with "error 1" - I can't find any information on this error (I think the expectation is that make will provide a message, but it doesn't).
Do I have any options left?  There might not be a lot of us looking at Crashplan in particular, but all of the linux-compatible JREs require the linux-f10-expat port, so I thought there should be someone else talking about it, but I seem to be mistaken about that.
Thank you for your help,
-Jordan