Listen queue guestion

Bram Van Steenlandt bram at diomedia.be
Sun Sep 14 19:32:28 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm porting an plc automation system to freebsd and while doing so I got
errors like these:
sonewconn: pcb 0xfffff8000cecc870: Listen queue overflow: 76 already in
queue awaiting acceptance

With the help of netstat I've found the problem, 2 programs communicate
with ipc file like sockets and the "client" was connecting too fast (it
was connecting and disconnecting in a small for loop).

Still, on linux this worked and there will be cases where I may bump in
to this limit again (a lot of different programs communicate with one
master program over ipc).

I've found kern.ipc.somaxconn but this seems to be only for TCP connections.

Is there a sysctl or kernel parameter that allows me to set this queue a
bit larger ?

Thx
Bram