tmpfs in /etc/fstab ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Sat Sep 13 04:00:43 UTC 2014

.... I would like to enable use of tmpfs on my FBSD 9.3 box for
performance. The box has 16 GB of both RAM & swap. I added
'tmpfs_load="YES"' to my /boot/loader.conf, but I can't figure out what
to put in /etc/fstab to allow the process to happen automatically upon
reboot. Specifically, what is the device I should be using. The man page
gives the mount command, which looks like the device is called 'tmpfs'.
Is that correct ? Are there any issues w/ this procedure ? TIA ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III