Terminal Server Software Question

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Sep 9 12:20:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 16:46:28 -0600, Dave Babb wrote:
> My new project needs to be a graphical server. The new model will be a
> bunch of thin clinets attached to one server. (6 users top, it's small)

You can use "plain X". Most thin clients are able to talk
to a remote X system. You would have to install and set up
xdm and configure the network accordingly.

See 6.6.4. here:

http://www.nl.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-xdm.html

You can find examples here:

http://www.freebsdwiki.net/index.php/X_Windows_Terminal

Depending on what the thin clients run internally, there
might be some configuration work, but in most cases, they
"just work" (TM) as long as you haven't done anything
stupid. ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany