Configuring pipe with random/variable delay in Dummynet

Swain, Sachidananda Sachidananda.Swain at caviumnetworks.com
Wed Oct 29 15:43:09 UTC 2014

Hi,

We are using FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE on i386 Intel PC with 2GB RAM.

Requirement in Dummynet:

Can we set some variable delay may be 1 to 10 ms through Dummynet in FreeBSD.

If Yes, then what would be the command.

Found one article:

http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jeffay/dirt/FAQ/dummynet-modifications.html<http://www.cs.unc.edu/%7Ejeffay/dirt/FAQ/dummynet-modifications.html>

I didn't find those sysctl variables in FreeBSD 10.0

We followed the procedure to create pipe and configure with delay in Dummynet:

Creating Pipe and configuring for Delay

Adding Pipe

ipfw add 100 pipe 1 ip from any to any

OR

ipfw add pipe 1 ip from any to any

OR

ipfw add pipe 1 ip from <IP Address #1> to <IP Address #2>

Configuring Pipe with Delay

ipfw pipe 1 config bw 100Mbit/s delay 0ms

OR

ipfw pipe 1 config delay 0ms

Deleting Pipe

ipfw flush

Please support us, how to configure pipe with variable delay. This is our urgent requirement for a test.

Thanks,

Swain

?