problems trying to mount SDHC card ....

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Oct 26 13:17:36 UTC 2014

On Sun, 26 Oct 2014 14:07:07 +0100, Rolf Nielsen wrote:

> On 2014-10-26 13:48, Polytropon wrote:
> <...>
> >
> > In regards of SD cards, it's sometimes helpful to issue the
> > command
> >
> > # true > /dev/da0
> >
> > to have the system "re-taste" the card to make it aware of what
> > slices and/or partitions may reside on it. I have to do this
> > regularly with my build-in card reader, or I won't be able to mount
> > the SD card.
> <...>
>
> Whatever that command writes to the card, at least we can be sure it's
> the truth. But then again, it writes nothing. Does that mean that
> there is no truth? ;)

I'm not very happy with what the command looks like, but
the null command

	# : > /dev/da0

should also work. Still, redirecting something to /dev/da0
just looks very dangerous. The truth _is_ dangerous. :-)

> I'd like a "spoon" command that does the same, because as we all know,
> there is no spoon...

This command will be available in room 101 because everyone
knows what's in this room. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany