wireless networking - halfway solved

Anthony Simm simm.anthony at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 25 04:19:11 UTC 2014

On 10/25/2014 02:15 AM, Warren Block wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Anthony Simm wrote:
>
>>> If it made a WPA connection, you are set.  The output of 'ifconfig'
>>> shows some information on how it connected.
>>
>> ifconfig now gives
>>
>> ipw0: flags=8802<POINTTOPOINT, SIMPLEX, MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 2290
>> ether 00:0c:f1:5e:4c:58
>> nd6 options=29<PERFORMNUD,IFDISABLED,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
>> media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect mode 11b
>> status: associated
>
> It would be in the section about wlan0.  wlan0 is a virtual device that
> controls the hardware device, ipw0 in this case.

Yes, exactly. I had no idea. Two sentences like that in the Handbook
could bring dumbos like me on the right track, maybe. Sorry if such a
hint is already there and I didn't get it; that would underline my
concern. :-)

Regards,

Anthony

--

mobile +250 78 8778 161
B.P.155

"Artificial intelligence will never match natural stupidity"