Why does svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/stable/9/usr.bin/send-pr fail to svn up?

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Oct 22 20:31:11 UTC 2014

Ruben de Groot <mail25 at bzerk.org> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 02:33:48PM -0400, Lowell Gilbert typed:

>> Which does still have the directory. I think what happened is that at
>> some point you did something like "svn rm usr.bin/send-pr" so that the
>> svn database thinks you want to remove it. "svn revert" should fix that.
>
> I didn't. I think what happened is that a one-of upgrade by freebsd-upgrade on a server
> otherwise maintained by svn - buildworld etc hosed the source tree. Anyway it's fixed
> now. Thanks!

That sort of makes sense, although I'm not sure how the *exact* symptoms
got triggered. To be properly careful, I suggest doing "svn cleanup" in
the top of the source tree, then check the status again. Or even wipe
the whole thing, *including* the .svn database, and do a clean checkout.

If you need to use freebsd-update again, just remove the "src" from the
"Components" list in freebsd-update.conf(5). If you need to update a
custom kernel, you would need a more elaborate workaround.

Be well.