NGINX, pam_unix.so & master.passwd

Eric Masson emss at free.fr
Wed Oct 22 19:56:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

I've set up NGINX with pam authentication using the following
configuration :

#
# PAM configuration for the "nginx" service
#

# auth
auth		required	pam_unix.so debug

Authentication works fine if user directive in nginx.conf is set to root
and fails if set to nobody (default).

So, it seems that authentication is handled by worker processes, not
delegated to master process.

Is there any "clean" (*) way to solve this issue, or should I forget
about using pam_unix.so to authenticate users, please ?

Éric Masson

* : NGINX using a least privileged account, no mess around master.passwd
    permissions

--
 C'est pas de la pub, juste un message à caractère informatif. Nous sommes
 partenaires Gold agréés OLEANE. Ils ne nous en voudront sûrement pas.