freebsd-update - upgrade from 9.1-RELEASE to 9.3-RELEASE - requries all ports rebuilt?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 08:18:51 UTC 2014

--On 22 October 2014 09:07 +0800 Gregory Orange
<gregory.orange at calorieking.com> wrote:

> Upon advice that we could probably ignore the warning, we've had no
> trouble after upgrading 8.3-RELEASE to 8.4-RELEASE. We've slowly rebuilt
> ports anyway, but that's more because of newer versions available than
> because of this warning.

Thanks - I've had to ignore it for now (and it seems OK), while I work out
the best way of taking the box down for longer...

'freebsd-update' could really do with something to dump out what it's going
to do (i.e. if it says it wants to remove files, having it dump a list
would be really handy ;)

-Kp